2002 Eco-Challenge - Fiji (8th Place) - 600 km 9 days
2002 Sea2Summit - Whistler BC 160 km.
2002 Raid The North Extreme - Yukon - 550 km.
2002 Eco-Challenge Canadian Qualifier - Golden, BC - 310
2002 Primal Quest - Telluride Colorado (15th Place) -
384 km. 4 days 21 hrs 24 minutes
2002 Raid The North - Apex (2nd Place) - 150 km 31:42
2002 Raid Gauloises - Vietnam (19th Place) 1008 9 days 9 hours
2002 Death Snowshoe Race - Grand Cache, Alberta (5th Place)
- 125 km 27:08 hrs
2001 Discovery Channel World Championship - Switzerland (9th
Place) - 420 km 5 ¼ days
2001 Raid The North - Revelstoke , BC - 140 km
2001 George Games - Hood river, Oregon (13th Place) -
135 km 17:09 hrs
2001 Raid The North Extreme - Newfoundland (12th Place) -
550 km 5 days 9 hrs
2001 Marathon Des Sables, Ouarzazate, Morocco - 242 km in 7
days, stage race
2000 Southern Traverse, New Zealand (Canterbury) - 400 km
2000 Raid The North Extreme - Revelstoke, BC (2nd Place) -
300 km 3days 1 hr
2000 Raid The North - Fernie, BC (7th Place) - 160 km
2000 Elf Authentic Adventure - Brazil (4th Place Extreme Class)
- 847 km 13 days 5 hrs
1999 Southern Traverse, New Zealand (Nelson) - 350 km 5 days
1999 Raid The North - Kamloops, BC (1st Place - 160 km
1999 Beast of the East - Virginia (4th Place) - 2nd Men’s)
- 590 km 3 days 11 hrs
1998 Beast of the East - Virginia (3rd Place) - 500 km
3 days 13 hrs
1998 Rocky Mountain Adventure Race - Colorado (3rd Place) -
180 km 26:31 hrs
1997 Eco Challenge - Australia (24th Place) - 550 km 9
days 4hrs 4 min
• Raced category II time trails in Ontario.
• Competed in over 50 duathlons in Ontario and British Columbia.
• Cycle touring in Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Greece ,
• Cycle touring in Malaysia, Nepal and Tibet , 1999
• Completed non-stop ride in the Rocky Mountains consisting
of 813 km in 51 hrs , 1999
• Death Ride 129 mile 5 mtn pass 16,000 ft ascent. 1999 , 1998
• Completed non-stop ride from Vancouver, BC to Portland, Oregon
consisting of 750 km in less than 50 hours , 1997.
• Extensive road ride tours in US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia,
Africa. Trips were typically 3000 mile tours and typically solo.
• Extensive dessert road riding in Mojave, Anza Borrego, Alamagordo,
Colorado, Death Valley and Sahara desert, always in peak summer month
Competed in 15 Marathons including a personal best of 2:55
• Competed in many ultra marathons.
• Competed in over 50 duathlons in Ontario and British Columbia.
Climbed in the following areas:
• Squamish, BC. Vantage, Washington. Cascade Mountains, Washington,
Coastal Mountains, BC. Red Rocks, Nevada. Gunks, New York, Queens
Creek Canyon, Arizona. Chocita Mesa, New Mexico. Joshua Tree, California.
Yosemite, California. Banff, Alberta.
in the following areas:
• Coastal Mountains of BC. Selkirk Mountains, BC. Rocky Mountains
of BC and Alberta. Coastal Volcanic Peaks of Idaho. Grand Tetons in
• Summited such peaks as Mt. Hood, Mt. Bachelor, Mt. Shasta,
Three Sisters, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Edith Cavell, Mt. Lougheed, Mt.
Adams, Mt. Whitney.
• Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, Kenya.
• Several first ascents in the Moby Dick range of the Selkirks,
• Climbed Mt. Kinnabalu, Sabah Borneo.
Many 80 km to 100 km ocean paddles in BC non-stop.
• 5 day canoe portage trip in Frontenac Park, Ontario.
• Two times - 100 km paddle New River, Virginia in 11
hrs 10 min
• Over 250 km of paddling in Brazil.
• Over 500 km of ocean, lake and river paddling in New Zealand.
• Over 300 km in Vietnam rivers, lakes and in Ha Long Bay.
Sport Bio Summary
Eco-Challenge Fiji - 8th Place
2002 Adventure Racing Canada - Toronto.
2001 Eco-Challenge New Zealand - 13th Place.
2001 Raid the North BC - Revelstoke
2001 Raid the North Extreme - Newfoundland.
2001 North American Rogaine Championships.
2000 Raid the North Extreme - British Columbia.
2000 Raid the North BC - Fernie
1999 Eco-Challenge - Argentina 22nd Place.
1999 Raid the North Extreme - Ontario.
1999 Sea to Summit - Panorama.
1999 Raid the North - Ontario.
1998 4 Winds Adventure Race - Arizona.
1998 Desert Quest - Arizona.
1998 Sea to Summit - Whistler British Columbia.
1998 Raid the North - Ontario.
1998 Rocky Mountain Adventure Race - Colorado.
1997 Sea to Summit - Whistler British Columbia
Biking since 1990.
1995 Provincial Series Camp.
1995 - 1997
Over 100 media interviews for television, radio, newspaper and the
• Guest speaker at locations varying from elementary school
to Provincial Legislature.
• Adventure racing instructor for the Aspen College Rady Fitness
• Adventure racing instructor for the Fort White Wilderness
• NCCP Level 1-2 Mountain & Road Cycling Coach.
• Volunteer Kayak Instructor for the Adventure Junkies.
• Race Spokesman/Director for the Sunset Quest 2 day Adventure
Race Minaki Ontario 2001 and 2000.
• Race Creator/Organizer/Spokesman for Birch Mountain “Who’s
afraid of the dark” 18 hours Mountain Bike Race 2001 & 2002.
Sport Bio Summery
an adventurer and racer, Kevin travels the world in search of compelling
outdoor challenges. In 1999, he skied the entire length of Alaska’s
1890 Iditarod Dog Sledge Trail from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska. In
his most recent expeditions to Java, Indonesia, Kevin and Frank Wolf
attempted to be the first people to bicycle between and ascend all
13 of java’s 10,000 feet volcanoes. Kevin graduated from McGill
University in Architecture at the top of his class and was named Commonwealth
Scholar at Cambridge University, England.
and adventure racing:
n and Adventure Racing:
• Eco-Challenge, Fiji 2002 (8th Place)
• Climbing odyssey on the Island of Java , 2002. See: http://mypage.direct.ca/g/gravywolf/Kevin_Resume.htm
• Dyea to Dawson, 2001. Retracing the original Klondike Gold
Rush Trail from Dyea, AK to Dawson City, YK. Kevin Vallely, Frank
Wolf and Andy Sterns hike the 50 km Chikoot Pass to Lake Bennet and
paddle the remaining 900 km to Dawnson city completing Part 1 of their
BIKES ON ICE expedition. The team will be returning to Alaska in the
winter of 2003 to ride bikes 1000 miles down the frozen Yukon River
retracing the incredible bicycle journey of Ed Jesson in 1900. See:
• Alaska's Iditasport Impossible Race - Ski traverse of Alaska's
1,800 km Iditarod Trail Anchorage to Nome, Alaska in 33 days with
Dave Norona and Andy Sterns - First time ever achieved. http://www.craft-usa.com/story/page1.html
for photos and story.
• Salomon X-Adventure World Cup Race, Aspen, Colorado - 11th
• Deporte Extremo Race, Reto Huatulco, Oaxaco, Mexico (2000)
- 3rd place.
• The Discovery Channel Southern Traverse Adventure Race, ChristChurch,
• Storm The North Shore - North Vancouver, BC (2000) 1st place
• Canadian Adventure Racing Series - Belcarra, BC, (1999) 1st
• Sea to Summit Adventure Race (1999) 1st place.
Cross Country Skiing and Backcountry:
• 1995 Masters World Cup, Canmore, AB - 3rd Canadian in 30km
skate, 2nd Canadian (6th overall) in 50km skate.
• Experienced backcountry skier having completed numerous multiday
trips throughout the Coast Mountains, the Selkirks and the Rockies.
Bicycle Racing and Touring:
• I was an elite level road cyclist and track cyclist in Canada
• Quebec Provincial Road Championships - 4th place (1986)
• Quebec Provincial Track Championships - 2nd place Team Pursuit
• I have done two extended bike trips in Europe. A 2, 700 km
journey from Ireland to Austria and a 4, 000 km trip from Norway to
• Round Bowen Island ocean kayak marathon (32km) - 1st place
and record holder (2000).
• BC Marine Trail ocean kayak marathon - 3rd place.
• I am an experienced rock climber and have climbed extensively
throughout Canada and the US. I lead 5.10 natural and 5.11+ sport.
As a mountaineer I have climbed the north faces of Mt. Stanley and
Mt. Athebasca and the east ridge of Mt. Edith Cavell.
• Knee Knackering North Shore Trail Run (50 km ultramarathon),
North Vancouver, BC 2nd place (1997), 3rd place (1996).
• Grouse Grind Hill Climb, Grouse Mountain, BC- 1st place and
record setter in 1995 and 1996.
• Cle Elum Ridge Run (50km ultramarathon), Wenatchee, Washington,
USA - 1st place and record holder (1996).
• Wild Horse Trail Run (50km ultramarathon), Penticton, BC -
2nd place (1997).
• West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island, BC (77km trail) - fastest
crossing (10 hr -13min) with Frank Wolf on July 24,2020.
• Western Canadian Championships, Merrit, BC (1999).
• BC Championships, Stake Lake, BC (2000).
• Earned his Bachelor of Architecture (1988) McGill University.
• Awarded the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada Medal.
• Awarded the Hugh McLennan Travelling Scholarship awarded to
top graduating student.
• Named Canadian Commonwealth Scholar at Cambridge University,
page was last updated on
March 7, 2020
Please report bugs or errors to Webmaster
Get your news update from the
See the program of the coming race More...
Race Pics Check out the race pictures from July 2002. More...
The ultimate test of endurance and survival skills! More...
ATC has a partnership with the Danish TV production company Ace&Ace More...
Detailed description of ATC and the equipment list More...